義大利麵放5天後微波 青年加熱吃後猝死

Let all ginseng lovers get the real ginseng from Wisconsin


義大利麵放5天後微波 青年加熱吃後猝死




A Student Ate 5 Day Old Pasta For Lunch. This Is How His Liver Shut Down


Offering serious and challenging mathematics to intellectually gifted students

驗屍的結果顯示,AJ感染了仙人掌桿菌(bacillus cereus,蠟樣芽孢桿菌),引發肝衰竭猝死,這種菌類常見於土壤和食物中,通常會因烹調不當或是不當冷藏而出現在「隔夜飯」中,細菌孢子會殘留在食物上,若不慎吃入產生毒素的發芽孢子,就會仙人掌桿菌引發食物中毒,又稱「炒飯綜合症」。

而醫生伯納德也在自己的《Youtube》頻道中,討論這起原先刊登在《美國臨床微生物學雜誌》(US Journal of Clinical Microbiology)的病例。他指出,吃隔夜的麵食要小心,若是聞到怪味千萬不要「以身涉險」,以免遺憾的事再度發生。

APLUS教学中心 | 一对一辅导服务中心 | 申请咨询顾问中心


Student dies after eating 5-day-old leftover spaghetti

  • Alexa Mae Asperin

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - A doctor is bringing back to the spotlight a tragic, rare case of food poisoning from 2008 in which a 20-year-old student died after eating leftover spaghetti. 

According to the initial report published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology, the student in Belgium identified as "AJ" became sick after eating spaghetti and tomato sauce five days after it was first made. 

The authors of the report said the spaghetti was stored at room temperature before it was microwaved and reheated.

“Immediately after eating, he left home for his sports activities, but he returned 30 minutes later because of headache, abdominal pain and nausea. At his arrival, he vomited profusely for several hours and at midnight had two episodes of water diarrhea,” the report said. “He did not receive any medication and drank only water. After midnight, he fell asleep. The next morning at 11:00 AM, his parents were worried because he did not get up. When they went to his room, they found him dead.”

According to officials, a significant amount of B. cereus (Bacillus Cereus) -- a food-poisoning organism -- was found in samples of the leftover spaghetti.

Dr. Bernard, who identifies himself as a licensed provider trained and based in the US, explains in his YouTube video how the spoiled pasta shut down AJ's liver. 

“Typically, food poisoning just causes stomach inflammation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, it doesn’t typically cause acute liver failure, and even worse, we can’t find out which bacteria is causing the problem because culturing it would take days — days A.J. doesn’t have because his liver is quickly shutting down,” Bernard said.

His YouTube video has been viewed more than 2 million times. 

A Student Ate 5 Day Old Pasta For Lunch. This Is How His Liver Shut Down

Dr. Bernard added that while AJ's case is not "typical," other deaths have also been documented, so it's important to be cautious of any food that isn't properly stored. 

The authors of the study made a similar conclusion.  

“Although we cannot incriminate B cereus as the direct and unique cause of death, the present case illustrates the severity of the emetic and diarrheal syndromes and the importance of adequate refrigeration of prepared food,” the report said. “Because the emetic toxin is preformed in food and is not inactivated by heat treatment, it is important to prevent B. cereus growth and its cereulide production during storage.”

Tel: (301)906-6889; 
Licensed in MD, VA, DC, WV, PA, DE, NC, SC, FL 
WeChat ID: sunnychenyuqing
NMLS # 1220187

President, Principal Loan Consultant, Leader Funding, Inc.
Wechat ID: Willow6621
NMLS # 208136

电话: (240) 784-6645

Phone: 301-366-3497

Simon Lin